Sunday, August 12, 2012

Life's a witch......

Hello all!
Just a quick posting as we're heading out to our town's summer car show this afternoon - it's lovely and sunny and best of all, not too humid.  We might even take a stroll around the river walk as well - too nice to be inside today :)

     My card is done using the sketch from http://stampotiquedesignerschallenge.blogspot.com/  and I have used a Stampotique rubber stamp as well - the challenge has just changed it's rules and you don't have to use a Stampotique image any more but I like to use mine when I can.  I added a little paper-pieced hat that I made using one of my own digis (available from next Friday, details soon), as I wanted to make her into a witch - I thought she had the perfect legs to be a witch.....



The sentiment was computer generated after it just popped into my head - yep, probably should have stayed there but there you go!  I have been hoarding loads of paint chip samples for ages so I decided it was time to start using them and I also raided my scrap box for the dp too.

    That means the card will fit in with the challenge at http://www.hidinginmycraftroom.com/ which is to use scraps!  I would also like to enter it into the challenges at http://onestitchatatimechallenge.blogspot.com/ and http://nomatterwhichchallenges.blogspot.com/ which are both 'Anything Goes' and the distressed challenge at http://dillybeanschallenge.blogspot.com/.



Thanks for popping in :)


29 comments:

Penny said...

OMGoodness, Dawn, this just made me LOL! The design is too clever! The image is adorable--I love the hat! And the sentiment is sooo funny! Thanks for a great big smile today! :^)
Hugs,
Penny

Carla S. said...

This is awesome, Dawn! Very creative design! Love the cute image and the addition of your hat to it! Fun sentiment! Enjoy your day out!

Choccy said...

Adorable !!! Its sooo cute. Thanks for sharing with us at OSAAT For our Anything Goes challenge.
Hope to see you back next week

Choccy x

ARTfulWings said...

Oh WOW - this is super cool. Love your background, your witch (so need that now ;O ) and the addition of the paint sample - wicked idea. Thank you for joining in with us at the Stampotique Designer Challenge and hope you will join us again. Polly

Linda Palmer said...

This is a darling card. I love the sentiment and the hat printed in dp. Great ideas, great card.

Claire said...

Fab card, I love that stamp! Thanks for joining us at NMW Challenges and good luck
Claire xx

Astrid Stulemeijer (AssiCrafts) said...

Love it! That hat looks good on her :-D Thanks for playing with us at the Stampotique Designer's Challenge. xoxo

Sue said...

This is so clever and funny at the same time and a fabulous use of the sketch. Thanks so much for sharing with us as Stampotique Designer's Challenge x

Basement Stamper said...

I love the witch hat on her and I the paint sample used across the strip. Thanks for joining us at Stampotique Designer's Challenge.

Lisa Lara said...

Dawn this is cute cute cute. Love that witch hat and the paint chip.

Cindy Groh said...

Love the saying. Super cute. Thank you for joining us this week at One Stitch at a Time.

Tracy said...

Oh man she's a cutie, especially for a witch. LOL Love the colors and the paint chip is fun. :-) Have a great week Dawn!

Shelby said...

Love your creativity with your sentiment! Her hat looks amazing as well. Great fun card.

Shelby

An'Jenic G. said...

Cute Cute! Thanks for sharing and joining us at HIMCR DT AJ!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card and the paintstrip is a wonderful idea! Thanks for joining the Stampotique designer's challenge

Sam & Poppy said...

Love your card and the paint sample is a great idea!
Thanks for joining the fun at Stampotique this week, Sam

Libby Hickson said...

Oh my word she looks so adorable as a witch!! And I love your paint chip too, how fun. Thanks for playing along at the Stampotique Designer's Challenge.

CraftyGirl said...

So cute and I just love the saying. Thank you for playing along this week at OSAAT. I sure hope to see you back again very soon.

TTFN,

CraftyGirl OSAAT DT
craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com

theboelemas@aol.com said...

Wow, love you take on the sketch and such a fab sentiment. Just love everything about this card. Thanks for joining us over at the Stampotique Designers Challenge. Good luck. Claire x

Chris said...

So cute Dawn! I love your creative layout and wonderful colouring. :)

Reflective Art Studio said...

Wonderful background and phrase. Everything about it I love.
Thanks for joining us at Stampotique Designer’s Challenge.
Sarinda
Stampotique DT

Gez Butterworth said...

Fabulous card. Love the colours and your choice of image all fit the sketch perfectly. Thank you for joining the Stampotique Designer's Challenge this week. Gez

Kaz said...

I love this and am glad you took the saying out of your head to share! Thanks for joining us at Stampotique.

Paper Sewn Visions said...

Adorable card and image. Thank you for sharing and joining in at NMWC. Hugs, Velma

Kathi said...

Too fun. I love the image and the sentiment. Great card.

Jenn Borjeson said...

I love this, so creative! Thanks for joining us at Dilly Beans. :)

Paper Sewn Visions said...

Very adorable card, especially the sentiment. Thank you for sharing and joining in at HIMCR. Hugs, Velma

Jenscrapstoo said...

Excellent card, fantastic use of the paint samples!! Great way to use your scraps. Thanks for joining us at Hiding in my Craft Room
Cheers Jennie DTM
Jenscrapstoo

Love crafts forever said...

Thanks for playing at One Stitch at a Time this week.
Hugs Nataliya